Construction Design & Management Regulations (update 2007) Training
This half day course is aimed at all those who are involved in the construction industry. It is presented to enable participation from all levels of the industry from Architects through to Site Workers, Contractors through to CDM Coordinators.
To provide all course attendants with the required knowledge in respect of the revised CDM Regulations.
None. This course is designed for people with little or no experience of the Regulations and will equally update the knowledge of the revisions to the regulations.
There is no examination with this course. All those in attendance will receive certificates.
Who will benefit
All involved in Construction Management and planning including:
- Clients & Developers
- Architects & Designers
- Planning Supervisors
- Principal Contractors
- To have a workable knowledge of the requirements of the regulations
- Understand the requirements of the 5 key duty holders
- Understand when CDM applies
1) Short introduction to UK health & safety law
- Statute and Civil Law
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Duty of Care
- Precedent Cases
- Powers of the inspector
2) Background to CDM
- Construction industry safety record
- Why was CDM introduced
- When does CDM Apply
- Notification of projects
- The revised CDM Regulations
3) Role of the 5 Key Parties – Duty Holders
- The Client
- The Designer
- The Planning Supervisor
- The Principal Contractor
- Contractors and the self-employed
4) The Health & Safety Plan
- Pre-Construction Information Pack
- Construction phase Heath & Safety Plan
- Health & Safety Handover File
Bespoke courses can be run at the premises of your choice. This allows us to focus on your risks and can involve some practical work.
The average cost of this course run in the south-east is £375 + vat. This will allow for up to 8 delegates and will include training handouts and training certificates for all in attendance.
How to confirm a booking
To confirm a booking either contact our office on 01403 330504 or email email@example.com.